The content of the fourth module is for more advanced users. Here you will also find inspiration from other projects where you can get access to useful exercises and tips.
This section is for individuals who have a greater knowledge of ICT and need more advanced activities and exercises. For example, it may be about acquiring deeper knowledge of the Office package, such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint. Further it can be about communication and social media, safety at the net etcetera.
Even for advanced learners, it can be very helpful to visualize the learning process. Visualizing means that it becomes clear what knowledge the individual possesses and what knowledge the individual needs to acquire in order to deepen their understanding. It is therefore advantageous to use the knowledge steps for these individuals as well.
If an individual needs to deepen their knowledge in PowerPoint, the stairs can look like following:
The individual uses the stairs as an aid in the learning process. It is easy to go back and see which steps you have managed, and which steps remain. It is possible to add more steps depending on what level the individual wants to reach.
At the following link you find basic tasks for creating a PowerPoint presentation
Inspiration for advanced learners
Since this chapter is more focused on beginners who lack basic knowledge in ICT, in this section we want to present other projects where there are many useful tips and exercises for advanced learners.
DISC- Digital skills for integration and Active citizenship is a three-year project co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union under KA3: Support for policy reform, Social inclusion through education, training and youth.
- The DISC project self-assessment tool helps the learners to identify areas of growth in digital skills.
- The DISC project learning platform includes various modules where the learners can learn and practice ICT essentials, Word processing, Information and data literacy, daily digital tools, IT-security, Online collaboration and Active citizenship tools.
Follow the link to create an account and take part of the project’s modules and tools.
Tour2Include – Migrant´s integration into Tourism-Related Professions. Co-funded by the ERASMUS+ programme, KA2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Strategic partnerships for adult education.
- The projects e-learning platform contains several modules. Module 5 aims to introduce migrant learners to basic aspects digital skills.
- Module 5 contains different units where individuals can learn the most common programmes of Microsoft Office as well as learn about the most important networks and social media, channels on the internet and what they can be sued for.
Follow the link to create an account and get access to useful material and exercises.
Activity 5: Practice Word at different levels
Individual or together with other participants
Several sessions, depending on the individual’s development
This activity aims to develop and deepen the individual’s knowledge in the program Word. The activity can be adapted to suit the individual’s level of knowledge. The example below can be reworked, and other more difficult and advanced steps can be inserted. This is an individual activity, but the participants can with advantage cooperate and take help from each other.
This type of activity can be used in many different contexts and adapted to other programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Begin the activity by handing out the list with tasks.
- After the individual has sent you the document via email, correct the text and check that all information is complete.
- Return the document with the corrections.
- Either the individual needs more practice on the tasks or you can do a similar task that is further advanced. Example of further tasks when working in Word: Change margins, insert page numbers, add a border to a page, create a list, insert a table, share a document, insert a comment, use WordArt, Add a watermark etcetera.
Tips for the facilitator
Activity 5 can be adapted to suit individuals’ level of knowledge in the program Word. It is also possible to apply the exercise to many other programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and more.